Composite Bearings for Smooth Sailing in Marine Applications
Have a bearing wear challenge in the marine environment?
Looking to reduce costly marine maintenance? Reach out to our experts at TriStar — where our engineers have solved a multitude of challenges for the marine industry:
- We’ve replaced rolling element bearings and bronze sheaves in marine gear pumps with TriSteel™ bearings - resulting in a significant increase in bearing wear life and decreased maintenance
- We’ve mounted our CJ bearings aboard bow and stern thrusters — and improved vessel maneuverability and safety
- We’ve installed our CJ Bearings in residential boat lifts - and have greatly enhanced their function and reliability
Innovative Solutions for Extreme Challenges
With corrosive salt and sea spray, and unruly barnacle growth a constant problem in a marine environment, TriStar designers lead the industry in innovative solutions. We have pioneered the use of galvanic insulators — in place of bronze — to deliver extended wear and reduced maintenance.
Our CJ bearings are highly regarded for their excellent performance in high-load sheaves, davits, winches and cranes, both on board a vessel and at dockside. And CJ bearings are earth-friendly since they are self-lubricating and are derived from a water-soluble process.
TriStar bearings are ideal in marine environments:
- Chemical and corrosion resistant
- Temperature resilient
- Dimensionally stable in liquids